Opportunities to become involved in
Sacred Heart Parish Music Ministry
Sing A New Song Unto the Lord!
1. Our parish Folk Group leads music at Saturday evening Masses (5:00 PM) The group meets ˝ hour before the start of the Mass to review music and learn new music.
Singers and instrumentalists are always needed and welcome. We have a special need for a piano player. The ability to read music would be necessary for a piano player.
2. The Adult Choir sings on Sundays and at other Liturgies and Paraliturgies from September –June. The Adult Choir will resume rehearsals on Thursday, September 8, 2016 at 8:00 PM in the Church. The choir ordinarily sings at the 9:00 or 11:30 AM Mass on assigned Sundays. Those considering joining are encouraged to come and attend a few rehearsals. If you’re not sure what your voice part is (soprano, alto, tenor, or bass) Dan or Jack will be able to help you. The choir sings contemporary and classical repertoire. There is no need for you to be able to read music.
3. The Intergenerational Handbell Choir is for high school age folks and older. The choir will ring once a month most often at the 9:00 AM Mass. Rehearsal will be held on Thursday evenings from 7:00-7:45 PM in church. The first rehearsal is September 15, 2016.
4. The Youth Handbell Choir is for students in grades 6, 7 & 8. This choir will ring once a month at the 11:30 AM Mass. Rehearsals will be Tuesday afternoons from 3:15-4:15 in church. Please note: rehearsals will not be weekly. First rehearsal is Tuesday September 20, 2016.
5. Our Vocal will resume rehearsals on Tuesday September 27 at 4:30-5:00 PM. This vocal choir is for any students in grades 3-8. The Vocal Choir most often sings at the 9:00 AM Mass monthly and for other special liturgies. Rehearsals are Tuesdays 4:30-5:00 PM as scheduled.
If you have any questions about our Music Ministry, please feel free to see Dan Mahoney, Jack Bender or any of our choir members. To contact Dan by phone, please call 908-756-0633 ext 139. or via email Dan410@aol.com.